Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Looking for Lao American Transcultural Adoptees


While there have been many children adopted from Vietnam and Cambodia both during the war and since, there were very few Laotians adopted by Americans.

Over recent years, I've located two others, and we know that there at least two others were adopted by Americans based on certain remarks and recollections in books about American efforts in Laos during the conflict.

After 38+ years, it's uncertain what exactly we might all have in common. But at the moment, we are still the only generation of Laotian American adoptees. There aren't that many of us in the world, but something nags at me that it's important for us to talk to each other about that journey, and to take a chance in connecting.

Keeping it simple:

If you know a Laotian American adoptee, please drop me a line at thaoworra@gmail.com.

I'd love to hear from them, and I know few others who'd like to hear from them too. 

No comments: